The ISBHF is a non-profit international sports federation, established on democratic principles, independent of political parties and movements.
The democratic bodies of the ISBHF are:
- Conference, as the highest body – the Annual Conference of ISBHF Members elects members of ISBHF Bodies for a two-year term
- President, as the head of the executive body
- Vice-President, as the deputy of the head of the executive body
- Board of Directors, as the executive body
- Executive Director, as the statutory body
- Office, as the non-elected administrative body lead by the ISBHF Secretary. Members of the ISBHF Office are appointed and dismissed by the ISBHF Board of Directors.